Martin Rawlings-Fein, Anne Killpack MacTane, Amy Khittae, Joel Khittae, Kirsten Berry, Moria Merriweather, Kai MacTane.
BABN’s Current Status
Current Co-Directors: Martin Rawlings-Fein, plus Kin Folkz and Allegra Hirschman. Only Martin is active.
BABN is no longer doing brunches or helping boost signal for Bi Boys’ Happy Hour. All it does anymore is the yearly Pride contingent. Martin is running it on his own, as best he can.
We need a Board, 501(c)(3) status, fundraisers, and bylaws.
- Board: We had one back around 2003, but everyone got burned out. We have one current board application.
- Non-Profit Status: We no longer have non-profit status through the BRC; they dropped us due to a recent change in the laws. We need to fill out a form and apply, which will cost $275-400.
- Bylaws: We have a set we copied from FTM International, but we’d like to write our own.
Emergency Committee Formed
An Emergency Committee has been formed to look after BABN’s current and near-future health and survival. Members: Amy, Kai, Anne, Kirsten, and Martin.
Org Goals and Targets:
- Continue BABN’s existence and life, and maintain or improve its health
- Continue Pride at our current level (or greater)
- Get a Board together within one year
- Recruit and train staff to handle ongoing operations.
- Have some other events, besides just Pride.
- Increase social media presence and outreach
- Fix the website
- Form partnerships with other bi+ groups
Roles Filled at the Meeting
- Amy volunteered to be Events Coordinator. She has lots of ideas for events and venues.
- Anne can do social media stuff. Title still TBD, possibly Social Media Director or Officer.
- Moria has already been complaining to organizations that leave out the B. Now she gets to do so on behalf of BABN, as the Complaints Officer or some similar title TBD.
The Emergency Committee will continue to coordinate via email. They will meet again in late August (in 4-6 weeks) to re-evaluate and adjust course as necessary.
We are also re-starting the Generosity Campaign from earlier this year, to attempt to add funds to our coffers.
Bay Area Bisexual Network