March with your community and promote bisexual+ and pansexual visibility, representation and awareness. We are #052!
About this EventMarch with your community and promote bisexual+ and pansexual visibility, representation and awareness.
The bi+ community had a great turnout in the SF Pride parade this year with nearly 50 people showing up, making signs, decorating, holding flags, marching and representing. We need you again, let's show Oakland that we're loud and proud. We're queer and we're here.
Actual time, meeting location, volunteer duties, and props needed will be posted as we know them.
Love, your bi+ community activists
Update:Parade Lineup Process
(Our exact lineup location: #52)
Lineup time: 9:00am-10:45am (our organizers will be there by 9:30am)
Marchers into position: 10:45am-11:00am
The parade starts at 11:00am
14th St between Broadway and Jefferson St, Oakland, CA
- Lineup starts at 9:00am and occurs on 14th Street on the two blocks between Broadway and Jefferson St. At least one representative from your contingent should show up before 9:30am to check in.
- To check in, find a parade Assembly Captain in a bright red "Parade Staff" shirt and identify what group you are representing. They will confirm your arrival, give you some parade information, and direct your group to their assigned rallying location.
- Everyone else in your contingent, who are not vehicle drivers or your check-in representative, can show up a little later- tell them to make it to Assembly by 10:30am at the latest. If people would like to show up earlier- there will be a pancake breakfast as well as a Zumba class right nearby the assembly area, so there will be things to do- and of course connecting with all of the fun people marching in this year's parade!
- At 10:45 we will call for all marchers to get into position. That's the time to get everyone together, lined up, ready to go, and any vehicle drivers should get to their vehicles and start their engines.
- At 11:00am we will give the signal, and the first contingents will turn left begin to roll down Broadway! Your contingent will need to do some movement in the assembly area before reaching Broadway. We will first load all of the contingents, one at a time, on the left (North) side of the assembly area, followed by the right (South) side.
- Once on Broadway, the parade proceeds from 14th to 21st street. All along the way, sing and dance, hand stuff out to the crowd- be exciting! Do your best to show your Pride! Just please make sure to keep any marchers well clear of moving vehicles, and avoid having participants jump on or off of parade vehicles before the end.
- When your contingent reaches the end of the route, another "Parade Staff" member in a red shirt will direct your marchers toward the Festival area.
Our mission is to foster a sense of bisexual/Pan+ community and promote better understanding of bisexual+ lives and issues within the larger lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) community and the public.
Our Informational Blog Recently Made Number 38 on the Top 50 Bisexual Blogs!